With Doug Corbett
Tuesdays, March 21 and 28
2-Day Workshop 6:00 – 8:00pm both nights
Venue: StageCoach Theatre Company office, 44121 Harry Byrd Hwy. Suite 240, Ashburn, VA 20147
Workshop Cost: $65 for both days
Has anyone ever told you, “You have such a great voice!” Have you ever wanted to narrate commercials or be the voice of an animated character? This workshop will introduce you to the exciting and lucrative world of voice-overs! Come ready to learn about the possibilities in this ever-expanding business and the tools you need to jump right in. This workshop will run over 2 days due to the amount of material covered, including active participation in sample recordings. We’ll answer questions such as “Do I need a home studio?”, “How do I create a demo?”, and “Do I need an agent?” With the tools and knowledge you receive, you’ll be ready to take the next step to begin your voice-over career!
What is covered:
– Discussion of the major categories of voice-overs (narration, recorded books, commercials, animation, etc)
– What you need to get started in the business
– Who are producers looking for?
– How do I get the gig?
– Creating a voice over demo
– Home studios
– Marketing and business information:
- How do I get myself out there?
- How do I get paid?
– Additional training and support options