With Tosia Shall
Have you ever wanted to audition for a musical, but were afraid to do so because of the dance component involved? Do you know what to expect during the dance audition? Do you know what to wear? This class will teach you about the process of a dance audition, dance terminology, and you’ll pick up some basic steps to boost your confidence during your next dance audition!
What to bring/prepare:
- Wear comfortable (not baggy) clothing that will allow unrestrained movement
- Bring jazz or character shoes if you have them. If you don’t have these, bring shoes with non-marking soles
- Bring a water bottle with a lid or cap to prevent spills
What to expect:
- A lecture on what to expect during a dance audition
- A lesson in basic steps
- A handout of terminology of basic steps
- A handout of Actor Resources
- We will go through a simple dance audition from start to finish which will include learning and performing one dance combination
Call or email now to reserve your seat at the workshop.
(571) 477-9444 or email@example.com
Tosia Shall has been working in professional theater since 1994. Her regional credits include Evita and Songs For A New World with Open Circle Theatre, Kiss Me, Kate with The Washington Savoyards, and The Boyfriend with MusicalFare Theatre. She has also appeared on stage at Signature Theatre in their Sizzling Summer Nights Concert Series. Tosia is a professional choreographer, creating dance for such musicals as South Pacific, Annie, 1776, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and The Wizard of Oz. Tosia works in voice-over, narrating and providing character voices. She teaches musical theater, dance, and acting, most recently at The Musical Theater Center in Rockville, MD.