With Tosia Shall
Date and Time: TBD
Venue: The Jefferson, 44121 Harry Byrd Highway (Rt.7) Suite 240, Ashburn, VA 20147 (upstairs from Coney Island Diner)
Workshop Cost: $50
Have you wanted to audition for a professional play, but aren’t sure how to prepare a monologue? Do you know where to look for monologue resources? How do you choose a monologue that is appropriate to your age and character type? What if you’re auditioning for a period piece? How do you edit a monologue, if necessary? Learn how to find and prepare monologues, how to build a comprehensive collection of monologues, and how to get the best performance from your monologue!
What to bring/prepare:
- 2 copies of each monologue you have in your current repertoire. Samples will be provided if you do not have any monologues.
What to expect:
- A lecture on what to consider when putting together your collection of monologues
- Tips on editing monologues
- Tips on how to prepare and get the best performance from your monologue
- A handout of Actor Resources
- Those that come with prepared monologues will perform them and be reviewed. Those who don’t have a monologue will treat the samples as cold readings and be reviewed.
Call or email now to reserve your seat at the workshop.
(571) 477-9444 or email@example.com
Tosia Shall has been working in professional theater since 1994. Her regional credits include Evita and Songs For A New World with Open Circle Theatre, Kiss Me, Kate with The Washington Savoyards, and The Boyfriend with MusicalFare Theatre. She has also appeared on stage at Signature Theatre in their Sizzling Summer Nights Concert Series. Tosia is a professional choreographer, creating dance for such musicals as South Pacific, Annie, 1776, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and The Wizard of Oz. Tosia works in voice-over, narrating and providing character voices. She teaches musical theater, dance, and acting, most recently at The Musical Theater Center in Rockville, MD.