With Tosia Shall
Date and Time: TBC
Venue: The Jefferson, 44121 Harry Byrd Highway (Rt.7) Suite 240, Ashburn, VA 20147 (upstairs from Coney Island Diner)
Workshop Cost: $40
Are you ready to audition for a professional musical, but aren’t sure how and what to prepare when it comes to those 16 or 32 bars of a song that are requested? How do you choose songs that are appropriate for your age, character, and voice type? How do you choose the 16 or 32 bars of a song that show off your voice to its fullest potential? How many songs should you have in your audition song book? What is the difference between a legit and a contemporary song? Get all your questions answered at this workshop that will help you build a solid Musical Theatre Audition Song Book that you can confidently use anywhere, anytime, for any musical audition!
What to bring/prepare:
- A copy of your current Musical Theatre Audition Song Book, if you have one
- If you don’t currently have a book, bring an empty 3 ring binder, any color, but it should be PLAIN (no decorations or slogans)
- A packet of adhesive tabs (like mini post-its), ½ or 1 inch wide, any color
- If you have sheet music to songs that you would like to include in your book, please bring the sheet music
- A list of musical theatre songs that you believe will complement your voice – songs you LIKE to sing!
What to expect:
- A lecture on what to consider when putting together a Musical Theatre Audition Song Book, and what should be included in your book
- A lecture on how to choose songs based on age, character type, and voice type
- A demonstration on how to mark your music for the audition accompanist
- If you have a book and would like a review of your chosen songs, we will give focused feedback on your current contents and ideas for enhancing your book
- A handout of Actor Resources
Call or email now to reserve your seat at the workshop.
(571) 477-9444 or email@example.com
Tosia Shall has been working in professional theater since 1994. Her regional credits include Evita and Songs For A New World with Open Circle Theatre, Kiss Me, Kate with The Washington Savoyards, and The Boyfriend with MusicalFare Theatre. She has also appeared on stage at Signature Theatre in their Sizzling Summer Nights Concert Series. Tosia is a professional choreographer, creating dance for such musicals as South Pacific, Annie, 1776, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and The Wizard of Oz. Tosia works in voice-over, narrating and providing character voices. She teaches musical theater, dance, and acting, most recently at The Musical Theater Center in Rockville, MD.