With Tosia Shall
Date and Time: Sunday, January 6, 2013 from 4:30 – 6:30pm
Venue: StageCoach Theatre Company office, 44121 Harry Byrd Highway (Rt.7) Suite 240, Ashburn, VA 20147 (upstairs from Coney Island Diner)
Workshop Cost: $50
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to audition for a professional play? What do you need to prepare? What do you wear? Who is in the audition room? How does it work? What should you expect at callbacks? This workshop will answer your questions plus give you a chance to walk through a sample audition and receive feedback. You’ll be better prepared when you go to an audition and confident that you’ll know what to expect! Class size is limited, giving the opportunity for focused feedback.
What to bring/prepare:
- A copy of your resume and headshot, if you have one
- Prepare two one-minute monologue: choose different styles (drama versus comedy) or different time periods
- Be ready for cold readings from a script
What to expect:
- A lecture on the mechanics of a professional audition – what happens from the time you arrive to the time you leave the audition room
- A lecture on what to expect at callbacks
- A handout of Actor Resources
- A short overview of a professional headshot/resume, and monologues (comprehensive workshops on each of these topics are being offered separately, please click here for more information)
- Each participant will experience a sample audition, then will be given focused feedback on how to improve their audition. If time allows, we may do a second run of sample auditions.
Call or email now to reserve your seat at the workshop.
(571) 477-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tosia Shall has been working in professional theater since 1994. Her regional credits include Evita and Songs For A New World with Open Circle Theatre, Kiss Me, Kate with The Washington Savoyards, and The Boyfriend with MusicalFare Theatre. She has also appeared on stage at Signature Theatre in their Sizzling Summer Nights Concert Series. Tosia is a professional choreographer, creating dance for such musicals as South Pacific, Annie, 1776, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and The Wizard of Oz. Tosia works in voice-over, narrating and providing character voices. She teaches musical theater, dance, and acting, most recently at The Musical Theater Center in Rockville, MD.